The LimbO protector is a comfortable, easy-to-use, reusable waterproof protector which can be completely submerged. It is a self-sealing, self-supporting garment that prevents water penetration to plaster casts and wound bandages on arms or legs during bathing. It is simple and comfortable to use and will last through the average user's duration of treatment.
The LimbO provides a significant quality of life improvement for the user. It is a non-sterile product and is primarily intended for use in a bath or shower. The LimbO lets you enjoy the healing benefits that water can provide whilst ensure your plaster cast or bandage remains dry.
Measure the circumference approximately 5 cm above the elbow (directly on the skin) and the length from this point to the longest fingertip.
- Model BE810 Children Ages 8-10 - 5060032041049
- This LimbO is suitable for 16 to 22 cm skin circumference and is 36 cm in length.
- Model BE1113 Children Ages 11-13 - 5060032041063
- This LimbO is suitable for 22 to 25 cm skin circumference and is 43 cm in length.
Using Your LimbO
How to put on your LimbO Product
Putting your injured limb inside the LimbO
Using your thumb and forefinger, carefully grip your LimbO’s black neoprene seal by its outer edge, where it joins the clear plastic body of the protector. Insert your injured limb into the seal opening, gently pushing it into the protector. (For leg models, fit the LimbO so that your toes are at the pointed end). Be careful not to puncture the LimbO with sharp fingernails or jewelry.
Still gripping the LimbO as described above, draw it up, easing the black seal over the cast or bandage, then allow the seal to turn inwards as it slides up to secure.
Securing the LimbO
When up as high as possible, pull the LimbO down slightly so that the seal reverses itself, turning upwards so that the inner surface of the seal is in direct contact with your skin.
Ensure that the seal of your LimbO lays flat against your skin and is wrinkle-free with a snug, comfortable fit to guarantee waterproof protection.
To avoid excessive ' ballooning ' and floating, it is advisable to remove some of the air trapped in the LimbO, particularly if used in a bath. This is done by carefully lifting the seal out of the water and squeezing the air out of the LimbO.
Taking off your LimbO Waterproof Protector
Carefully roll the seal back on itself a little and ease it over your cast or dressing. You will now be able to slide the protector off your limb easily.
Hang your LimbO upside down away from any direct heat source to dry. It will be ready to use whenever needed, assisting your recovery.
Care & Use Guidelines
Cleansing & Storage
- Use a mild disinfectant or detergent to hand-wash the LimbO as required.
- Dry your LimbO thoroughly away from direct heat before storing.
- Avoid folding the neoprene seal and check it remains undamaged before re-using.
- Store in a dry place at room temperature.
- To avoid damaging leg models when using a LimbO over roughcast, you must fit a thick sock or soft cloth over the lower part of the cast, i.e., between the cast and the LimbO, to provide some cushioning for the LimbO.
- To protect the foot area from being pierced, avoid walking on hard floors. If possible, put on your LimbO in the bathroom and step directly into your bath or shower.
- The LimbO should be worn for a maximum of 20 minutes to avoid trapped warm air causing perspiration and, therefore, the risk of a damp cast or dressing.
- Please take extra care not to slip or trip when entering and exiting the bath or shower. Your LimbO will provide secure protection and is made from a non-slip material, enabling you to resume normal bathing.
- Seal Material
- Closed-cell neoprene with bonded nylon fabric outer layer for additional strength.
- Garment Sheet Material
- Three-layer calendered PVC/Nylon/PVC, flame-resistant grade.
- Black seal/opaque garment body.
- Internal Reinforcement Material
- Nylon thread mesh.
- All seams are welded, i.e., without adhesives.
- Manufactured according to ISO 9001 standards, the product is CE marked as a Class 1 Medical Device.